Como ya estaba harto de probar versiones de Height y configuraciones y en vista de que soy el único al que le pasa (?) o le interesa, le escribí al creador de la app, que muy gentilmente me ha contestado EN MENOS DE 24 HORAS. Os dejo la conversación por si os interesa

Thanks Stephan for your quick answer,

Yes, both number (my own speed and limit speed) are showed in the lower right corner. That is the standard position for the TomTom to show them. When I overpass the limit, the background of both numbers goes in red , something like 120/100 ..I am very sorry to hear that, at this moment it is impossible to correct this issue. I think you have developed a great app.

Thanks again for your answer and I hope to hear for a new app from you or a new version for the Height.

Best regards,

José Plaza

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Stephan Seitz
Enviado el: jueves, 13 de febrero de 2014 11:14
Para:José
Asunto: Re: problem in Height

Hi José,

> But if I choose to show the limit speed together with my own speed, as
> my speed goes over the limit (both numbers showed in red) the Height
> disappear from the screen, until my speed is down of the limit of the
> road.

Let me guess: The background of the numbers change in color, and the numbers are in the lower right corner, correct?

The problem here is that Height can not really communicate with the TomTom navigation software but just overlays its height numbers over the screen of the device after the TomTom navigation software draws a new "picture", and it determines what the TomTom navigation actually shows by colors of specific pixels. (That color is the number that is shown instead of your actual height when you boot the device up the first time after connecting it to your computer...) The pixel that I use to check if it actually displays the main navigation screen or not is on the lowest pixel line somewhere near the right corner, and in your case I guess that's the place where the background changes.

It has to be the lower right corner because you can change the status bar position from lower to right, and I need to be able to check both positions.

To fix your problem I would have to change the pixel I scan and therefore check all the other devices for their colors at the new specific position. Problem is, I don't own all devices but would highly rely on the community, and that would take a lot of time, if ever...

So I'm really really sorry, but I don't think I can fix this anytime soon...

Best Regards
Stephan
No me paetece traducir, pero vamos, que es así. Por un tema de programación y comunicación Hight/Navcore, al superar el límite y cambiar el fondo de "velocidad propia/velocidad máxima" a rojo, esto interfiere en esa comunicación haciendo que el Hight desaparezca. Los formalismos técnicos en el e-mail.

La posición justo en la esquina inf. dcha de ese item de velocidad, es lo que hace que desaparezca. No sé si en otros modelos se sitúa en esa zona o se puede configurar, pero no en el ONE V1. Por supuesto con la barra vertical (horrible) tampoco funciona.

En fin, por si a alguien le interesa. Un saludo